Blog Intro

Blog Intro

Quote of the Week

Tip your server Return your shopping cart Pick up a piece of trash Hold the door for the person behind you Let someone into your lane Small acts can have a ripple effect That's how we change the world..... - Unknown

Fact of the Week

Fact of the Week: Who Was the First Female Actor? Margaret Hughes may have been the first professional actress in England. The occasion of her first performance was on 8 December 1660, in a production of Shakespeare's play Othello, when she played the role of Desdemona in a production by Thomas Killigrew's new King's Company at their Vere Street theatre. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Margaret_Hughes

Joke of the Week

Joke of the Week When I get my tax return, I cooking my ramen noodles in Fiji water!!!

Comic of the Week

Comic of the Week

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

How to Kick Your Own A$$

So this is a sorta before picture of our new garden space. I wish I had thought about taking a picture earlier because this does not EVEN do it justice. This area was filled with grass and it took the ENTIRE family about 4 1/2 hours to clear it out. We did that on Saturday. This is Monday morning as we are preparing to till it (I'll post what we did on Sunday coming soon). Terry is literally shoveling #$%@.
But....a thing of beauty is a joy forever. Just look at that new garden! I can't walk upright, but hey, we will have some fresh veggies come end of summer. It really doesn't look like much, but this took me HOURS to complete. It took me a lot longer than I expected. This garden has been about two years in the planning phase, so it is great to see it finally become a reality!
The reason we started on this side is because no one wanted to clean out the pool. It SEEMED like a daunting task. However, after doing the garden, the pool is going to be CAKE!!!


Tune: Everybody's Working for the Weekend - Loverboy

4 comments:

andreaKphotography said...

That looks so great Jay!! Nice work! Everyone is getting thier yards in tip top shape. I guess we better get on that wagon...haha. Weeds here I come :)

Rachelle said...

Wow that truly looks awesome way to go sis. I planted flowers this weekend and I know what you mean about being sore. I could hardly move the next day between being sunburned and having sore muscles ouch!

Blessed Rain said...

Love it! I love the way you used rocks as spacers!

Andrew Holmes said...

When are you coming to put my garden in? im waiting so very patiently!