Blog Intro

Blog Intro

Quote of the Week

Tip your server Return your shopping cart Pick up a piece of trash Hold the door for the person behind you Let someone into your lane Small acts can have a ripple effect That's how we change the world..... - Unknown

Fact of the Week

Fact of the Week: Who Was the First Female Actor? Margaret Hughes may have been the first professional actress in England. The occasion of her first performance was on 8 December 1660, in a production of Shakespeare's play Othello, when she played the role of Desdemona in a production by Thomas Killigrew's new King's Company at their Vere Street theatre. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Margaret_Hughes

Joke of the Week

Joke of the Week When I get my tax return, I cooking my ramen noodles in Fiji water!!!

Comic of the Week

Comic of the Week

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Author Party

Topher's class had their Author Party this week. They have been working on writing their own book for some time and they unveiled their creations at the party.
They also sang songs for the parents.
1. Helpers in the Community
2. Continents
3. Oceans
4. Five Pennies

Then they read the story "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie".

Here are their books. Just look at that spread!
Here is Topher by the big reading bear. His book is all about monkeys. Go figure! He got to read it to me while we ate cookies!
Here he is with his teacher. She is so awesome! Tim had her too and I have absolutely loved working with her both times. I am fortunate that I can go and be a big part of their classroom. I just got to know all of them by name, and now school is over. Bummer!!!
Tune: Into the Ocean - Blue October

No comments: