Blog Intro

Blog Intro

Quote of the Week

Tip your server Return your shopping cart Pick up a piece of trash Hold the door for the person behind you Let someone into your lane Small acts can have a ripple effect That's how we change the world..... - Unknown

Fact of the Week

Fact of the Week: Who Was the First Female Actor? Margaret Hughes may have been the first professional actress in England. The occasion of her first performance was on 8 December 1660, in a production of Shakespeare's play Othello, when she played the role of Desdemona in a production by Thomas Killigrew's new King's Company at their Vere Street theatre. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Margaret_Hughes

Joke of the Week

Joke of the Week When I get my tax return, I cooking my ramen noodles in Fiji water!!!

Comic of the Week

Comic of the Week

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Finals

I hate final exams! Why do professors feel they must torment you by making you endure a final exam! This stupid test brought my grade from an A to a B. I shouldn't complain because that is still a good grade, but an A would have been better! If you can do the work, who cares if you can't "regurgitate" useless facts! What a bunch of hoops to jump through! Sometimes I wonder why someone who has been doing a certain job all of their life (and does it well I might add) must be paid less than someone who has "been to school" for the same job, yet knows nothing about how it works in the real world. Don't get me wrong, I am learning a lot, but I know that when I am done, I really won't have any clue as to how to apply it to the "real" world. It scares me. It also scares me that I am doing this while staring 40 in the face, while everyone else about to enter the work force right after school is about half my age. I think real world experience should count for a lot more than it does. I guess this is just another way to say, I am afraid to grow up!

No comments: