Blog Intro

Blog Intro

Quote of the Week

Tip your server Return your shopping cart Pick up a piece of trash Hold the door for the person behind you Let someone into your lane Small acts can have a ripple effect That's how we change the world..... - Unknown

Fact of the Week

Fact of the Week: Who Was the First Female Actor? Margaret Hughes may have been the first professional actress in England. The occasion of her first performance was on 8 December 1660, in a production of Shakespeare's play Othello, when she played the role of Desdemona in a production by Thomas Killigrew's new King's Company at their Vere Street theatre. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Margaret_Hughes

Joke of the Week

Joke of the Week When I get my tax return, I cooking my ramen noodles in Fiji water!!!

Comic of the Week

Comic of the Week

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Utah State Fair 2010

On Friday, we decided to hit the Utah State Fair. We hadn't been for a while. Topher couldn't remember what it was like because it had been so long. Now I know why. I think we spent their college fund that night!
There were all of these little wooden picture stands. I thought they were cute. Tim did not.
Topher had a blast looking at all of the animals.
Then.....they discovered the rides! It was all over from there!



We stopped for a moment at this seal show.
Not quite sure what she was trying to accomplish with them. All she kept doing was making this one back up. I guess he was being "naughty".
The director of the food program where I work has a son named Joey. He entered and origami piece and won first place! Congrats Joey!!!!
The Navy SEALs parachuted in over the rides. It was hard to catch them because they were sorta far away and moving fast!
Back for more rides!!!!!


AND of course..... THE BIG SLIDE!!!!!!
By then, the Turners had made it to the fair, so we hooked up with them. This is Bryce petting the goats. This goat was so funny. He started eating Bryce's stroller. Bryce was all "No goat!"
So he decided to eat Lisa's shorts instead. Didn't touch the fries that were on the tray, what does that tell you?????
Then we wandered over to the cows and there was a newborn calf that everyone was molesting. Do they have therapy for cows????
After that, Terry said game over, so we left the Turners to explore the rest of the fair and headed home. It was a fun day and our feet HURT by the time we got home. What I think is funny is that I saw all of these women walking around in their hoochie mamma shoes. I wore my workout shoes to walk around in and my feet hurt, I can't imagine how theirs felt. Gotta look good!!! So I think next year in order to be able to afford the fair, we will have to rob the treasury of a small country!!!!
Tune: Lover Rollercoaster - Red Hot Chili Peppers

No comments: