Blog Intro

Blog Intro

Quote of the Week

Tip your server Return your shopping cart Pick up a piece of trash Hold the door for the person behind you Let someone into your lane Small acts can have a ripple effect That's how we change the world..... - Unknown

Fact of the Week

Fact of the Week: Who Was the First Female Actor? Margaret Hughes may have been the first professional actress in England. The occasion of her first performance was on 8 December 1660, in a production of Shakespeare's play Othello, when she played the role of Desdemona in a production by Thomas Killigrew's new King's Company at their Vere Street theatre. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Margaret_Hughes

Joke of the Week

Joke of the Week When I get my tax return, I cooking my ramen noodles in Fiji water!!!

Comic of the Week

Comic of the Week

Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy Birthday, Terry!

Happy Birthday, Terry!
Okay, here is how the day was supposed to go......

Go cross the kiddies
Go to school and volunteer
Go to the tire place and get new tires
Go to the store to buy the cake stuff
Go to school and have lunch with my kids
Go home and make the cake, get everything ready
Go cross the kiddies
Take my kids to the library
Go home, wait for Terry to get home, surprise him.

NOW, how it REALLY happened.....

Go cross the kiddies
Go to school and volunteer
Go to the tire place....they have every tire EXCEPT the ones I need. Dude tells me he can have them to me in an hour
Go home (SHOULD have gone to the store, but I am an idiot) wait for the tire dude to call
Go to the school to have lunch with my kids. Tire dude calls me (mind you TWO hours later) and tells me the tires are ready.
Take the car in. Pay cash for all but the last 20% of the bill. TRY to put it on an account....lender wants me to REAPPLY for my account. Waiting...waiting.... I have to go cross the kiddies!!! So, since I look SO trustworthy and since I work for the police department, he lets me go
Go cross the kiddies
Tire dude calls and says everything has been approved, come BACK and sign. Okay, been to the tire place THREE times by now.
On my way home, Bren calls, he missed the bus
Go pick him up
Go get my kids take them to the library
Go to the store to get the cake stuff
By now, Terry is home, the surprise is ruined and I am exhausted. We eat the pizza I bought AND THEN
Terry and I go to the store where he BUYS HIS OWN BIRTHDAY CAKE!!!!!
Go home, max out on sugar, go to bed
By the way, Bev...he probably didn't get exactly what he wanted (wink, wink) but we did get him his very own Ute's Snuggie.

SO Happy Birthday, Terry! What a day!!!!


Tune: Prop Me Up Beside the Jukebox if I Die - Joe Diffie

1 comment:

Beverly said...

Tell Terry that he will not die. Just look and Jesse, he is still alive. Happy Birthday old man!