Blog Intro

Blog Intro

Quote of the Week

Tip your server Return your shopping cart Pick up a piece of trash Hold the door for the person behind you Let someone into your lane Small acts can have a ripple effect That's how we change the world..... - Unknown

Fact of the Week

Fact of the Week: Who Was the First Female Actor? Margaret Hughes may have been the first professional actress in England. The occasion of her first performance was on 8 December 1660, in a production of Shakespeare's play Othello, when she played the role of Desdemona in a production by Thomas Killigrew's new King's Company at their Vere Street theatre. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Margaret_Hughes

Joke of the Week

Joke of the Week When I get my tax return, I cooking my ramen noodles in Fiji water!!!

Comic of the Week

Comic of the Week

Friday, June 26, 2009

News... might be scary....might be exciting... or maybe a little of both!

You are reading the blog of the new Safety Commissioner of the Mountain Shadows PTA. I am excited about this, but a little overwhelmed. This coming school year will be the first time I am...

A. No longer a student myself (It feels so good to be graduated!)

B. No longer a full time daycare provider (mixed feelings)

C. My youngest child will be in school full time, thereby allowing me more freedom to move about (I'm getting old!)

I am reaching out to you, fair readers, to use as a resource for ideas. My responsibilities include:

Green Ribbon Week - Basically safety aspects of getting to and from school in a safe manner. (All through the month of September)

Red Ribbon Week - This is the anti drug week (Sometime during October)

Walk Your Children to School Safely Day - pretty self explanatory. (Also during October)

All of this basically happens during September and October, so with both feet, I am jumping in!

2 comments:

Rachelle said...

Good luck I have no suggestions for you sorry! But write down what you do in case I ever have to do something like that. Also stop rubbing it in that you are done with school some of us just got done with class and are extremely tired!!

Gary and Debbie Rex said...

Congratulations on all you exciting milestones this year - you're going to do a great job as Safety Commissioner!!!