Blog Intro

Blog Intro

Quote of the Week

Tip your server Return your shopping cart Pick up a piece of trash Hold the door for the person behind you Let someone into your lane Small acts can have a ripple effect That's how we change the world..... - Unknown

Fact of the Week

Fact of the Week: Who Was the First Female Actor? Margaret Hughes may have been the first professional actress in England. The occasion of her first performance was on 8 December 1660, in a production of Shakespeare's play Othello, when she played the role of Desdemona in a production by Thomas Killigrew's new King's Company at their Vere Street theatre. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Margaret_Hughes

Joke of the Week

Joke of the Week When I get my tax return, I cooking my ramen noodles in Fiji water!!!

Comic of the Week

Comic of the Week

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Fairies

"Why did Jesus make the tooth fairy?" asks Topher. Oh boy, here I go treading the fine line between lying outright and lying to preserve innocence. "Jesus made the tooth fairy to help collect all of the teeth that little kids lose because he can't do it by himself". I love it when he mulls over and answer I have just given him. You can almost see the cogs turning behind his eyes. Then he asks me if the tooth fairy is a boy or a girl. Are there boy fairies? He shakes his head emphatically yes! Here is my chance to inject some feminism. "Well, Santa is a boy and I'm pretty sure the Easter Bunny is a boy, so I am going to say the tooth fairy is a girl". Okay, he is okay with that. But this morning I will say that there are boy fairies. I'm pretty sure there is an insomnia fairy and he visited me last night. Only boy fairies would be as industrious as to work in the wee hours of the morning. The girl fairies went to bed exhausted hours ago! :)

1 comment:

Rachelle said...

I love that little boy! It's good thing you are blogging now everyone seems to be excited about it!